Yet another great project I’m want to do for a long time already. Craftaholics Anonymous explained very well on her blog how to make these pom poms. I love the colors she used, but of course you can make them in any color you’ll desire. If you would like to order your t-shirt yarn you can click here.
If you make the pom poms a bit bigger, you can use them as a pillow.
Another great project you can make with T-shirt yarn, from our own brand The shirt yarn and we sell it here, you’ll need about 1000 gram
You’ll need a 12 mm crochet needle, if you don’t have one you can buy it here
Note!!! sc is a single crochet in US and a double crochet in UK
How to make the Cat basket:
Make 9 sc in magic loop
row 1 crochet 2 sc in every sc from the row before is 18
row 2 crochet 1 sc in every sc from the row before
row 3 crochet 1 sc in the sc from the row before in the next 2 sc repeat 9x is 27 sc
row 4 crochet 1 sc in every sc from the row before
row 5 crochet 2×1 sc in the sc from the row before in the next 2 sc repeat 9x is 36 sc
row 6 crochet 1 sc in every sc from the row before
row 7 crochet 3×1 sc in the sc from the row before in the next 2 sc repeat 9x is 45 sc
row 8 crochet 1 sc in every sc from the row before
row 9 crochet 4×1 sc in the sc from the row before in the next 2 sc repeat 9x is 54 sc
row 10-18 crochet 1 sc in every sc from the row before, in the last row you can change the color
Your cat or little dog will love this great recycled yarn basket, which is comfortable and cozy and you can easily wash it. If you keep increasing you can make this basket bigger, if you would like it for a big dog
To make this cowl I used two skeins Ribbon Xl which you can buy here. I love the ribbon XL because it’s made from recycled cotton and because it’s cotton it doesn’t itch and is not to warm, but feel free to use any other kind of material that matches knitting needles size 17
Cast on 40 stitches en work in garter stitch, the width of the work has to measure aprox 16 inches. Than work in garter stitch till the work measures aprox 36 inches and cast of the stitches.
Put your work flat on the table and give it a twist, like shown in the pictures and close the short sides with an overhand stitch
You can wear it in different kind of styles
If you have any questions feel free to send me a message
Have fun making your own chunky cowl!!!
Voor het patroon in het Nederlands kan je HIER klikken
The pouf is made with t-shirt yarn, which you can buy at for example Etsy and you have to crochet this pouf with at least a needle size that’s 10 mm thick. You can use a thicker needle but make sure your yarn matches the needle size. Thicker yarn and needle will only make the pouf bigger.
For a pouf 50cm cross cut you’ll need two 135 yard bundles, for a pouf 60cm cross cut you’ll need three
The pouf is crochet in a spiral, so you have to make sure that at the beginning of each row, you put a piece off material so you know where the row ends and starts
Chain 7 and close the chain with a slip stitch to a circle
– row 1, crochet 12 st. in the circle
– row 2, crochet 2 st. in every st. repeat 12x (=24)
– row 3, crochet 2 st. in every second st repeat 12x(=36)
– row 4, crochet2 st. in every third st. repeat 12x (=48)
– row 5, crochet 2 st. in every fourth st. repeat 12x(=60)
– row 6, crochet 2 st. in every fifth st. repeat 12x(=72)
– row 7, crochet 2 st. in every sixth st. repeat 12x(=84)
– row 8, crochet 2 st. in every seventh st. repeat 12x(=96)
– row 9, 10, 11, 12 crochet 1 st. in every st
– row 13, crochet every 7th en 8th st.together repeat 12x(=84)
– row 14, crochet every 6th en 7th st.together repeat 12x(=72)
– row 15, crochet every 5th en 6th st.together repeat 12x=60)
– row 16, crochet every 4th en 5th st. together repeat 12x(=48)
Make out off stretch fabric an inside cover and fill the pouf
crochet 7 slip stiches and close the chain with a half crochet to a circle
– row 1, crochet 12 st. in the circle
– row 2, crochet 2 st. in every st. (=24)
– row 3, crochet 2 st. in every 2nd st.(=36)
– row 4, crochet 2 st. in every 3th st. (=48)
Sew with an overhand stitch the bottom to the pouf and ready!!!!
For the small pouf skip row 6-7-8 and row 13-14-15
st = treble in UK
st = double crochet in US
Voor het patroon in het Nederlands kan je HIER kikken:)
Did you like this post? Feel free to leave a comment!
If you really liked this post, I would appreciate it when you would share it:)